Sunday, October 16, 2011

Spooky Times are Here!

So, I am sorry for neglecting this for so long!  I feel like I always have so much to say then I get in front of my computer and I freeze cuz its like I have too much to say.  What a nice little circle. 

Anyhoo, as always, quite a bit has happened since I last wrote.  I can't tell you how excited I am that it is nearly Halloween and yet, i have no real plans!  I had wanted to go to Universal or Knott's, but it doesn't look llike that's gonna happen.  I do have two parties Halloween weekend, but I don't even have a costume and strangely, I'm not really looking for one.  I dunno, its weird to be excited and not excited about something at the same time.  I did, however, decorate my living room on October 2nd, which left my room practically naked.  Lol.  For those of you who don't know, I have a lot of Jack Skellington collectibles around my room, on shelves and such. So when Halloween rolls around my mom lets me decorate the house with it.  So not my mantle looks like a Jack Skellington shrine and my room is sad without it!  More has been added since the first day too! 

In other news, my dad recently took me to the Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA.  Not only was this huge because of the whole Tim Burton thing, but if you know anything about my dad and me, you know we don't exactly hang out very often.  We don't exactly have a good relationship, or any relationship for that matter.  I'm not going to get into the details, but basically we spend one day a year together, opening day at the LA County Fair.  Other than that, we talk of course, but we don't spend time together.  I know he has good intentions, but he's just not too good at following through on things.  So a while ago he mentioned that he had heard about the exhibit and that we should go.  He found a day that I had off and took me.  We went to lunch afterwards and everything.  It meant a lot to me that he planned something and followed through.  And of course, it was TIM BURTON!  Seriously, I walked through that place so excited for every little bit of art.  It was truly amazing and all of you should visit before it ends on the 31st! 
Dad and me at the Fair
Last weekend Andrea and I went to the Blink 182 concert.  It was amazing!  I was bummed cuz My Chemical Romance didn't play "Sing" and we wanted to record it for Tricia, but Blink played 2 of my 3 favorite songs by them so that was great.  At the end Travis did one of his songs from his solo album, which got Andrea pretty excited (she likes the rap more than i do).  So yeah, it was pretty awesome.  Even ran into an old friend which was a nice surprise. 

And yet another change of topic... Since it is October, I have been watching more scary movies than normal.  Yesterday I watched The Hills Have Eyes 2, Carrie, and The Shining.  Today I watched the ending of the Shining, Scream 4, and the first season of The Walking Dead.  I'm super excited to see Paranormal Activity 3 this week.  Probably more excited than I should be.  I really don't know what my fascination with horror movies is.  I have been watching them literally for as long as I can remember.  Some of my earliest memories involve watching Child's Play, or Dr. Giggles (a truly ridiculous movie).  And I was never truly scared of any of them.  Yes, they were scary, but I didn't have nightmares, (which is why my mom allowed me to watch them), and they never truly bothered me.  In high school, I started watching more horror movies, and I remember being scared of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but in the years since, I have been truly desensitized by it all.  I remember being incredibly disturbed by The Hills Have Eyes, and then less than a week later I watched Saw II for the first time and was hooked on these gory, slasher movies.  They are disturbing, yes, but not scary.  The Last House on the Left (the original) was incredibly disturbing, especially given that it came out in the 70s.  The remake was just the same, but had a better ending.  But I love these movies.  I have had 2 nightmares in my life, but it was the same one just happened on two separate occasions and it didn't happen until the end of high school so I don't think it was caused by horror movie overload.  I'm reading this book called, "Shock Value: How a Few Eccentric Outsiders Gave Us Nightmares, Conquered Hollywood, and Invented Modern Horror."  I'm about halfway through and so far it is such a great read!  Its about how horror was reshaped in the 70s to become what we know today.  If you have any interest in horror movies then you should totally check it out.  If you don't, then I'm sorry for this paragraph, lol. 

So anyhoo, I have some changes I'm expecting to happen in the very near future so as soon as all of that is settled I promise to let you all in on it.  Until next time, hope you guys are all having a great October!

No comments:

Post a Comment