Friday, June 19, 2015


I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions; I make Birthday Resolutions.  So I get a whole 5 day head start on the process =P.  Now that’s its right around my half birthday (a week from today, in case you wanted to get me something, LOL!!), I thought I’d check in and see how I was doing on my goals.

  1. Run at least 6 races in other states.
    I ran my first out of state race for the year this past April, in Nashville, TN.  The city is lovely and I had a blast at the Jack Daniels Distillery.  I even PR’ed!!  I have also booked my race and/or flight for Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; and Lincoln, NE.  That puts me at 4/6, with Virginia Beach, VA; Denver, CO; Savannah, GA; and San Antonio, TX being penciled in and debated.  There’s also two in Las Vegas that are looking like they’re going to happen, but I’ve already crossed NV off the list, so those are just for fun. 
     
  2. Run 1000 miles in 2015.
    I am on track for this, but not where I would like to be.  My summer race schedule is incredibly light, which means my brain thinks it’s ok to cut back on the running.  Still working out, and have added weight lifting to my regimen, but definitely need to pick up the pace if I’m going to accomplish this goal.  For the record, I’m just under 40% complete with this goal with 199 days left in the year (about 55% left).  Totally doable.  Need to stay focused.
     
  3.  Take 1 picture a day (preferably a Polaroid).
    Here’s the thing.  In a nutshell, no, I have not even come close to finishing this goal.  I did the photo a day ting for the entire month of January and then realized that this was actually a very expensive goal, if I was to do a Polaroid.  Also, I commute 3-4 hours a day and spend 8.5 hours in an office.  This makes very little time for photography.  And I did not want to end up with 365 selfies.  That being said, I make an effort to take at least one picture on every run, and lots of pictures on every adventure.  Baby steps.  I may have to reintroduce this goal for the second half of the year, but definitely reimagine in some way.  If you have any ideas, feel free to share!!

My race schedule has also changed a bit in 6 months, and I have added a new goal.  There is an annual race (Operation Jack) held on my birthday that I’ve had my eye on for several years now.  So, what better way to celebrate my 29th birthday than to run my 29th half?!  I was already looking at it being my 25th-ish race for the year, so adding another 4 races really wasn’t that difficult.  In fact, I think it was too easy, because there’s another 2 races I want to do and am not sure how to fit them in, #runnerproblems.  I’m currently at 15 completed half marathons, with 8 more scheduled and 6 possibilities.  (The ones with the asterisks have not been signed up for yet).

 

18-Jul

RnR Chicago

3.1

19-Jul

RnR Chicago

13.1

1-Aug

Special Olympics World Games Half

3.1

6-Sep

RnR Virginia Beach**

13.1

20-Sep

Biggest Loser Half**

13.1

26-Sep

RnR San Jose

3.1

27-Sep

RnR San Jose

13.1

3-Oct

Pumpkin 5k

3.1

10-Oct

Fall City Half Marathon

13.1

18-Oct

RnR Denver**

13.1

25-Oct
  RnR Los Angeles

13.1

1-Nov

Good Life Halfsy

13.1

7-Nov

RnR Savannah**

13.1

14-Nov

Captain America

6.2

15-Nov

Avenger's Half Marathon

13.1

15-Nov

RnR Las Vegas**

13.1

6-Dec

RnR San Antonio**

13.1

26-Dec

Operation Jack

13.1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment