Friday, March 18, 2016

Marathonaversary

This week I was reminded that I ran my very first marathon a year ago (March 15, 2015).  Happy Marathonaversary to me!  I am a firm believer of rewarding yourself for your accomplishments.  (Maybe that's because I was lousy at every sport I tried and still got a participation trophy.  HA!  Oh well.) 


Anyhoo, after last year's marathon, I decided to treat myself to a little something.  I bought myself a ring from Endure Jewelry that has 26.2 engraved in Roman numerals.  I already had the 13.1 version and they're stackable, so I thought it would be a perfect addition.  This year's marathon was a lot tougher on my emotions, so even though it wasn't my first marathon, I figured simply completing it deserved a gift to myself. 


I again went to Endure jewelry, because I love their shirts and jewelry (they don't sponsor me, I just really love their stuff!  Would be open to a sponsorhip though, ;) *hint hint*).  This time, although I really wanted the diamond Minnie Mouse bow ring, I decided to not splurge quite so much and went with the Run Super Hero necklace instead.  Super cute, super nerdy, so perfectly me. 


Another way I'm just generally rewarding my running habit is to pay myself for every mile run this year.  This year happens to have quite a few larger than normal expenditures.  I'm going to Paris for 2 weeks; My niece is graduating middle school and I promised her $500 if she made Principal's Honor Roll all 3 years like I did (yay mini me!); and I turn 30.  I already decided to take less running trips and I'm using my vacation pay to purchase my Paris plane ticket, my bonus will be used for the rest of that trip's travel expenses, and I'm the rest of my normal running travel budget will be used for spending money.  I've been putting a little bit away each month for my niece's prize money since she made Principal's Honor Roll the first time in 6th grade.  But I would like to do something larger for my birthday.  So rather than just adjust my budget and save for a party, I figured I would pay myself $1 for every mile ran this year and use that to pay for my 30th!  This has the added incentive of running more = more money to party!  Plus, I've been aiming for the "1000 miles in a year" goal for about 3 years now, so the thought of having an extra $1000 saved after all my money going away this year would be super awesome. 


Do you do anything special to reward your fitness goals?



No comments:

Post a Comment