Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gladiator Rock n Run

Today was a day I had been equally dreading and anticipating for quite some time now.  My best friend Andrea decided that she wanted to run a 5k, but not just any 5k, no no no, that was too easy!  She wanted to do an obstacle course type 5k.  So, without really asking me, she signed us both up.  Now don't get me wrong, I love a challenge, but this was a bit more intense than I had bargained for.  So anyhoo, I waited until last night to take a look at the course map, and man.  There were 15 obstacles....

1. Nightmare Mystery
2. Buddha's Burden
3. Terrible Tires
4. Wrecking Ball 
5. Fools Spools
6. Rope a Dope
7. Gladiator Yell
8. Skid Marks
9. Wall of Fame
10. Cargo Climb
11. Log Jammer
12. Nightmare Mystery
13. Mud Madness
14. Hell's Hills
15. Gladiator Barbecue


Now tell me, how intriguing does any of that sound?  Lol, so yeah, I went into it this morning totally intimidated. But Andrea and I promised each other we would stay together and keep each other pumped in order to get through it.  And man did we get through it!!  Lol, seriously the most intense thing I have ever done physically.  It was fun, don't get me wrong, but man.  I was proud of myself for finishing and completing all the obstacles, although I have to admit, the 8 foot "Wall of Fame" was too much for me and I had to do the 4ft pink "Wall of Shame" instead.  Lol, but hey, still did it, right?  





Now, you can't see my legs, but you get the gist of just how muddy I was!!  Literally crawled on all fours through 5 mud pits about 20 feet long. I had mud in places I didn't even know existed!!!  We tried rinsing ourselves off but realized that mud was still running off and wouldn't stop!  We drove home barefoot and wet, but feeling immensely proud of ourselves. 

Definitely can't wait for the next one!!!  < 3

No comments:

Post a Comment